1980 Harley Shovelhead Hardtail
"Harley Ed" of Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States made available these photographs of his gorgeous 1980 Harley Shovelhead Hardtail Bobber which has a Paughco Hardtail Wishbone frame and a Kraftech springer fork, and which had the Harley Davidson Shovelhead engine upgraded through a 93 cubic inch S&S Sidewinder™ stroker kit.
Ed: "Hi I'm Ed from Va. Beach Va. I'm sending you a few pictures of my Harley Shovelhead completed at IronCore cycles here at the beach in March. We call her "Raw Dawg". Hope you like her!"
Sidewinder Shovelhead Performance Upgrade
Ed's hardtail bobber is powered by a 1980 Shovelhead engine with 93 cui./1530 cc S&S Sidewinder big bore stroker kit. This Shovelhead performance upgrade provides a combination of performance, engine life, and practicality. And with this S&S upgrade this Harley engine runs exceptionally smooth because of the moderate compression ratio of 8.5 : 1.
1980 Harley Shovelhead engine with S&S Sidewinder stroker kit.
That springer fork is a Kraftech 3" over. The hardtail frame is a Paughco 30 degree Wishbone.
Harley Shovelhead Bobber Specifications
Ed: "I'll try to cover the basic specs on the scooter:"
- 1980 Harley Shovelhead;
- ENGINE: 93" S&S Sidewinder "stroker";
- H.D. Alternator engine cases;
- 4/1/2" S&S flywheels;
- 3/5/8" S&S cylinders;
- S&S heads;
- S&S 514 solid cam;
- S&S pushrods & lifters;
- H.D. rockers & rocker boxes;
- S&S oil pump;
- S&S super G carb & air filter;
- IGNITION: Crane Hi 4 single fire;
- TRANSMISSION: RevTech 5 speed with kicker;
- PRIMARY & CLUTCH: BDL 3" belt;
- ELEC START: Tech Cycle;
- SECONDARY DRIVE: Belt;
- FRAME: Paughco 30 degree Wishbone;
- FORKS: Kraftech 3" over springer;
- SEAT: West Eagle with Iron Core Cycle's "Hoverseat" mount;
- WHEELS: (Front) Midwest cycle 16" 40 spoke; (Rear) H.D. 16" 40 spoke;
- TIRES: Metzeler 16" (130 front) (150 rear);
- BRAKES: (Front) GMA; (Rear) H.D. (Goodridge hoses);
- FORWARD CONTROLS: Thunderheart;
- HAND CONTROLS: V-Twin;
- BARS: V-Twin 30" drags;
- GRIPS: V-Twin nostalgia;
- RISERS: Midwest cycle 2";
- FUEL TANKS: HD Softail;
- OIL BAG: Harley Davidson Softail;
- DASH: Harley Davidson;
- DASH PANEL: Custom Diamond Plate by Iron Core Cycles;
- HEAD LIGHT: V-Twin;
- TAIL LIGHT: V-Twin;
- MIRRORS: Midwest Cycles;
- EXHAUST: Drags with Thunder City Baffles;
- ENGINE BUILDER: Gary Klavon, GT Performance Cycles, Pittsburg,PA. (412) 310-0445;
- FABRICATION & ASSEMBLY: Ed Dotson & Iron Core Cycle (Va.Beach,Va.)(757) 631-1443;
- PAINT: Johnny "V" at Iron Core Cycles;
- COLOR: Navy Blue Diamond Ice with Ghost Flames;
Here's a good view of the Kraftech springer fork. The shape and position of the V-Twin headlight reinforce the classic oldschool looks of this bobber.
Who wouldn't like to take her for a ride?