1979 Harley Shovelhead Short Chop
Scott from Pekin, IL, United States made available these photographs of his awesome 1979 Harley FXS Shovelhead Short Chop motorcycle.
Scott: "Completely rebuilt 1979 Harley Davidson FXS Low Rider Hardtail Shovelhead Stroker. This motorcycle is a frame up complete restoration. This was made into a Paughco Hardtail Chopper. I personally did all this myself. I also have complete picture documentation throughout the process."
1979 Harley FXS Shovelhead Short Chop
Harley Shovelhead Motorcycle Restoration Project
Scott: "There is so much that has been done that it hard to list.
• Complete Restoration top to bottom, front to back during 08/09;
• Complete engine overhaul;
• New crank, pistons, rods, cylinder, valves, oil pump, gaskets, etc.;
• Complete transmission overhaul;
• New gears, bushings, bearings, gaskets, seals 4 speed;
• Complete clutch overhaul, plates, bearings, seals, etc.;
• New primary cover, primary chain, rear chain;
• Straight pipes with baffles removed;
• New gas tanks, oil tank, oil cooler, coil cover;
• New front end 6" over tubes, front wheel and tire, brakes, fenders;
• New bars, speedo, tail light, headlight, etc."
Short Chop: A Short Chopper
As you can see on the photographs, the rake of this motorcycle (i.e. the angle the front fork makes with the vertical) is at least 40 degrees. While she doesn't have an extremely long front fork like Captain America's bike in the movie Easy Rider, she still is clearly a Chopper.
On this website we call a low and short Chopper like this a Short Chop.
1979 Harley FXS Shovelhead Engine
Scott lists the following specifics for his 1979 Harley Davidson Shovelhead engine:
• 4 1/4" Stroke;
• 3 5/8" Bore Big Bore Pistons and Cylinders;
• 88 cu in engine around 1450 cc;
• Hydraulic lifters - V Thunder Velva-Touch;
• Andrews "B" Gindcams;
• Single Fire Electronic Ignition;
• S & S Super "G" Carb Kit.
S&S Super G Carb
Scott took a nice detail photo of his S&S Super G Carb on his 1979 Harley Shovelhead.
1979 HD FXS Shovelhead Short Chop Front End
Paughco Hardtail Frame - Tail End
A Chopper's Tale...
Actually, this 1979 Harley Shovelhead FXS Chopper is currently for sale.
For more information:EBay Advertising
Or you can always call Scott: 1-309-353-8105.