1972 Harley FXE Shovelhead Bobber
Rhys of Hoosier Ironworks in Frankfort, Indiana, United States made available these photographs of this gorgeous 1972 Harley FXE Shovelhead Bobber which has an 1200cc Harley Shovelhead engine mounted in a hardtailed stock swingarm frame.
Rhys: "1972 FXE is what this started out as. Frame is original swingarm frame that has been hardtailed. Engine, frame, and transmission are matching number pieces. Front end is late model Harley FL with shaved legs and progressive springs."
1972 Harley Shovelhead Engine Specs
Rhys gave us the following specifics on the rebuild of this 1972 FXE Shovelhead engine:
• Wiseco 9:1 pistons with Harley cylinders bored .030" oversize;
• Kibblewhite valves and guides;
• S&S valve springs and retainers;
• New rocker arms and shafts;
• Crane solid lifters and push rods, mild port job on heads;
• Harley flywheels and shafts;
• New Drag rod set;
• Rivera Pro clutch, Rivera motor plate;
• BDL 3" belt drive;
• Andrews shafts and gears in transmission with all new bearings, seals, and case race;
• Chrome EK O-ring chain;
• S&S oil pump and oil pump drive gears;
• S&S E carb;
• S&S 514 cam;
• Crane single fire Hi-4 adjustable ignition and coil;
• Cycle Electric charging system;
• Pingel fuel valve.
Rhys: "Wheels are late model Harley FL sealed wheel bearing wheels. Brakes are late model Harley 4 Piston Calipers and Harley rotors."
Rhys: "Spun aluminum oil tank. Perform oil filter/cooler, custom rear fender, custom battery/electrical box, custom motor mount, coil mount, and head lamp mount. Custom exhaust and exhaust bracket."
Rhys: "Internal throttle cable and brake line are hidden in handle bars. GMA hand controls, Harley foot controls and GMA rear master cylinder."
Custom leather seat by Patti. Larosa seat shocks.
Actually, this 1973 Harley Shovelhead Bobber is currently for sale.
For more information:eBay Advertising
And you are always welcome to call Rhys at (765) 654 4825.